Universiti Sains Malaysia is proud to be the host for the 22nd Malaysian Finance Association International Conference (MFAIC) 2020. We cordially invite submission of research papers in all areas of finance, economics and accounting. The annual conference provides an open platform for scholars and practitioners particularly from the Asian region to meet and share their current research as well as to exchange ideas and information on new development in these areas.
Submission of Paper is Now Open, please submit here
Submission deadline: May 1st, 2020
Acceptance decision: June 1st, 2020
Payment deadline for presenters: June 15th, 2020
BEST PAPER AWARDS
- 3 MFA Best Paper Awards (published in Capital Markets Review) with RM 1,000 cash prize for each paper
- 2 Best Paper Awards by Pacific-Basin Finance Journal (Special Issue) with USD$ 500 cash prize for each paper (for submissions to be eligible for the best paper award in this category, submissions MUST be made to the Islamic Finance track during the paper submission process)
- 2 Best Paper Awards by CFA Society Malaysia (published in CFA Institute Asia-Pacific Research Exchange) with USD$ 500 cash prize for each paper
- 1 Best PhD Proposal to be selected from the PhD Colloquium with RM 1,000 cash prize
Special Issue on Islamic Finance
Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Guest Editor: Mansor Ibrahim, INCEIF
Shark Tank Event
Authors of accepted papers are invited to submit a 1000 word proposal to be eligible for the Shark Tank Event. All proposals will be further reviewed and successful authors will be invited to present their papers at the Shark Tank pitching event.
Following the highly successful inaugural SHARK TANK event at the World Finance Conference 2019 in Santiago, Professor Robert Faff from the University of Queensland Business School will co-ordinate and lead the SHARK TANK initiative at the MFAIC2020 in Penang. The key focus of the Shark Tank event is to:
- enable the AUTHORS to receive direct feedback from the editors of more than one top journals in the field;
- enable the EDITORS to solicit potential papers and convey their messages directly to the authors of the papers;
- enable the PARTICIPANTS to pick up the selling points of good papers, and perspectives of the editors from top journals.
Which journals are involved in the SHARK TANK events?
Chair: Professor Robert Faff, University of Queensland
- Asian Academy of Management Journal of Accounting and Finance [Chee-Wooi HOOY]
- British Journal of Management [Sofia JOHAN] -Impact Factor 2.750
- International Journal of Business and Society [Evan LAU]
- International Journal of Economics and Management [Siong-Hook LAW]
- Journal of Contemporary Accounting and Economics [Ferdinand GUL] -Impact Factor 1.079
- Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions, & Money [Jonathan A. Batten] -Impact Factor 1.836
- Malaysian Journal of Economic Studies [Kim-Leng GOH]
- Pacific-Basin Finance Journal [Guest Editor: Mansor IBRAHIM] -Impact Factor 1.442
- Review of Pacific Basin Financial Markets and Policies [Min-Teh YU]